Since 1972 Studio F. A. Porsche designs products and develops brand strategies for clients worldwide honoring the philosophy of its founder Ferdinand A. Porsche. Today the full- service design agency is headquartered in Zell am See, Austria with offices in Berlin and Singapore. It is part of the Porsche Design Group, which is a majority-owned subsidiary of Porsche AG.
Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche (1935-2012), grandson of the Porsche founder, always sought the unusual. Successfully so. He developed the Porsche 911 design, which quickly became the epitome of the sports car and, like many other items designed by Professor F.A. Porsche, it became a design classic.
In 1972, Professor F. A. Porsche established the Porsche Design Studio in Stuttgart. Two years later he moved it to Zell am See, Austria. In the decades that followed a large number of industrial products and consumer goods were developed under the Design by Studio F. A. Porsche“ reference for internationally known clients.
Almost 10 years after designing the legendary 911, F. A. Porsche embarked on a mission that is still driving us today. He wanted to build a company that takes the spirit of Porsche beyond the automotive and industrial designs of the studio to create a new luxury lifestyle brand for men and women. Henceforward numerous classic men’s products were created and marketed worldwide under our own “Porsche Design” brand, which today also includes a women collection.